Life Mottos | What Is Motto
Life Mottos: A motto (derived from the Latin multum, ‘mutter’, by way of Italian motto, ‘word’, ‘sentence’) is a maxim; a phrase meant to formally summarize the general motivation or intention of an individual, family, social group or organization. Mottos are usually found predominantly in written form (unlike slogans, which may also be expressed orally), and may stem from long traditions of social foundations, or from significant events, such as a civil war or a revolution. A motto may be in any language, but Latin has been widely used, especially in the Western world.
The best mottos have deep personal significance because they highlight the virtues or characteristics most important to you. And in so doing, they help you make the best decisions when you’re faced with difficult choices. By repeating a meaningful personal motto every morning and at night before you go to sleep, you make it easier to remember the words you need to hear when you most need inspiration.
- If you want to be loved, keep your head on your shoulders and feet on the ground. There is nothing wrong in that. I do the same, and others should also follow this motto.
- ‘No one can make you successful; the will to success comes from within.’ I’ve made this my motto. I’ve internalized it to the point of understanding that the success of my actions and/or endeavors doesn’t depend on anyone else, and that includes a possible failure.
- Being yourself is one of the hardest things because it’s scary. You always wonder whether you’ll be accepted for who you really are. I decided to call my record ‘Inside Out’ because that’s my motto about life. I don’t think you ever succeed at trying to be anyone else but who you truly are.
Funny Life Mottos
- Live every day to the fullest. When going to the bathroom take a newspaper! – Anonymous
- Life is not so bad if you have plenty of luck, a good physique and not too much imagination. – Christopher Isherwood
- Life is like a cobweb, not an organization chart. – Ross Perot
- When somebody tells you nothing is impossible, ask him to dribble a football. – Anonymous
- The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. – Bill Watterson (Calvin and Hobbes)
- Life is nothing but a competition to be the criminal rather than the victim. – Bertrand Russell
- “It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.”
- “The face your born with is the one God gave you. Your face at 50 is the one you gave yourself.”
- “I found there was only one way to look thin, hang out with fat people.”
- “I just don trust to anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn’t die. ”
- “Until I was thirteen, I thought my name was ‘shut up.’”
- “Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.”
- “The golden rule of work is that the bosses jokes are always funny.”
- “People always ask me, ‘Were you funny as a child?’ Well, no, I was an accountant.”
- “A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.”
Good Life Mottos
- “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
- “The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.”
- “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.”
- “Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted, in spite of your changing moods.”
- “The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has been before.”
- “You can’t go around building a better world for people. Only people can build a better world for people. Otherwise, it’s just a cage.”
- “It’s not about how hard you can hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.”
Inspirational Life Mottos
- Your limitation—it’s only your imagination.
- “Very often a change of self is needed more than a change of scene.”
- “Good things come to those who wait… greater things come to those who get off their ass and do anything to make it happen.”
- “Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.”
- “Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.”
- I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–which is: Try to please everybody
- “To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.”
- “What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do.”
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.”
- “Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail.”
- “What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.”
- “Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.”
- “Goals are dreams with deadlines.”
- “You must have long term goals to keep you from being frustrated by short term failures.”
- “The tragedy of life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goals to reach.”
- “You measure the size of the accomplishment by the obstacles you had to overcome to reach your goals.”